- Defining Native science – what is it? Is it an overall term? Is there enough overlap between knowledge of different communities?
- How do you collect the knowledge at a landscape level?
- Take wild rice for example. If you ask people in the tribe:
- Some people say it is variable from season to season
- Some people say it is declining over time
- Stories are at a smaller scale
- Should Native Science be approached from a local or global epistemology?
- Get students to focus on local problems to see global ones.